Special Animal Housing/Diets

Special Animal Housing Needs

If you will be receiving animals from a commercial vendor or importing animals from another institution that have special housing needs, please contact a DLAR veterinarian. The veterinarian will work with you regarding availability of space and caging and to determine if special husbandry and/or veterinary protocols for apppropriate housing and care are needed.

Fasting of Animals

Research protocols may require animals to be fasted before a surgical or experimental procedure. To initiate fasting, the investigator should fill out a “Special Food/Water Request” form (available in the DLAR main office or on the FORMS page ). The form should be submitted to the main DLAR office or faxed to 444-8843.