Renaissance School of Medicine (RSOM) Bridge Funding Announcement
Faculty requiring bridging may ask for a total of up to $60K (up to 30K from the Dean’s office, to be matched by the same amount from their department). A detailed budget and justification should be included. Salary support for PIs on a 50% line will be considered.
Established and early career investigators must demonstrate:
- Current funding (includes funds associated with lab startup) are deemed insufficient for the lab to support operations for the period of the funding request. The funding request should be specified in grant cycle terms and cannot exceed 12 months (two complete grant cycles [submission and review]).
- Recent activity in seeking research funding support.
Established investigators must also demonstrate:
- A track record of extramurally peer reviewed funded research (i.e., NIH R01 or equivalent).
Packet for bridge funding must include:
- A letter to the committee requesting bridge funding that addresses items above.
- A current NIH style or equivalent biosketch and separate OTHER Support pages including active, pending, and completed extramurally funded research for the past 5 years.
- A letter from the department chair and signed by the department administrator indicating support of the application and matching funds for the budget.
- A copy of a recent unfunded, reviewed grant proposal, summary statement, response to summary statement and time frame for resubmission (Required for established investigators, recommended for early career investigators). For unfunded applications, a response to review is required. For unscored applications, it is strongly recommended that revised specific aims be shared with the committee.