- To track all industry-funded clinical trials in order to assess the study feasibility and needed resources.
- To review Sponsor proposed budget/payment terms.
Budgeting services include:
- Assistance with budget development,
- Billing compliance requirements: SOC vs research procedures,
- Cost analysis of study procedures to ensure Institutional costs are covered,
- Budget negotiations,
- Accounts Payable/Receivable tracking using a Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) for more efficient study management
- To maintain an online database of active trials to assist with subject recruitment.
- To match Sponsors with investigators.
The OCT helps Industry Sponsors and Contract Research Organizations (CROs) identify investigators with the research experience and expertise to conduct their clinical trials at SBM.
- To mentor new investigators and coordinators.
The OCT serves as the point of contact for questions related to clinical trials, assisting researchers, staff, and departments with expert resources for information on the conduct of clinical research. In addition, the OCT serves as a liaison to the Office of Research Compliance Sponsored Programs, Grants Management, and UH Finance Department.
The OCT offers regulatory research support for a fee. Support includes preparation assistance with myResearch Grants proposals, as well as IRB submissions for initial, amendment, or continuing reviews through my research IRB and CIRBI (Advarra IRB). A fee to Investigators applies for each submission. Please contact our office for more information.
Study Coordinator services to support your study are also available. Please email us for rates.