Welcome to C-MIC
iLab Online Scheduling and Billing System
Going forward, the Central Microscopy Imaging Center (CMIC) at Stony Brook University will start to use an online system iLab to streamline the process of requesting and billing for the core services. All facility users are required a one-time registration as described below. Once you are registered, the system will enable you to schedule service, provide required approvals, and monitor progress.
For Stony Brook University Users:
- Please request your PI or Financial Manager to register you as an iLab user in ERAS. The procedure are:
(1) PI or Financial manager log in ERAS (http://www.stonybrook.edu/eras/);
(2) click on an account number that will be used to pay the services;
(3) add a new user (user’s university ID number) to this account;
(4) click on the “Other Account Users” button, and choose “iLab User”;
(5) click on the “Save and Confirm” button. The information will be pushed to iLab. This may take up to 12 hours to update.
- Log into iLab using your Net ID and password at: https://cores.stonybrookmedicine.edu//service_center/show_external/3338…
- Click on "List all Cores" on the left panel to view the cores at Stony Brook Medicine currently using the software.
- Click on "Central Microscopy Imaging Center (CMIC)"
For External Users:
To get started, you must register for an account:
- Navigate to the core page: https://cores.stonybrookmedicine.edu//service_center/show_external/3338…
- In the upper-right-hand corner of the screen, select sign up
- Complete the registration form on the sign-up page:
- Receive a “welcome” email from iLab (typically within one business day) with login credentials and basic instructions.
To Create an Equipment Reservation:
Once you have received your login credentials, you can place orders and schedule equipment time.
- Navigate to the core page:
- At the upper right hand of the page, enter the user name and password provided by iLab and click the “login” button.
- Click the ‘Schedule Equipment’ tab and click on the ‘View Schedule’ button next to the Equipment of interest. Click and drag on the time frame you would like your reservation for.
- You will be asked to complete a form and provide payment information for your request before saving the reservation.
- Your reservation needs to be approved by the core, you can confirm this by viewing your “Home” page by clicking the “Home” button on the upper left corner of iLab.
More detailed instructions are available in the customer manual. For any questions not addressed in the manual, click on the “leave iLab feedback” link in the upper right hand corner or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.